HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2017
Looking back on 2017, it’s been quite an exciting year at WE&B, full of new adventures, experiences and results in social economic activities in the water, and environmental sectors. Here are few highlights:
- We investigated the reasons for knowledge fragmentation in water and climate actions between Africa and the EU and within Africa. We also produced a very cool interactive map of the main stakeholders involved in these sectors.
- We inaugurated our new office in Sant Cugat, Barcelona, with a participatory event together with some of our partners and collaborators and later presented the results of said event to the Sant Cugat Municipality.
We won new projects and held kick-off meetings for others with our clients: European Commission (H2020, EuropeAid, LIFE), Acciona Agua and Consorci Besos-Tordera. The projects are:
- Run4Life: http://run4life-project.eu
- BRAINYMEM: http://life-brainymem.com/#home
- LIFE_DREAMER: http://life-dreamer.com
- Study on the water reuse tariff structure in Besos-Tordera, Catalonia, Spain
- We closed the project WaterClima LAC http://www.waterlac.eu in Costa Rica, where we have developed together with the pilot sites future social models and economic alternatives for sustainable water management to face climate change challenges in the coastal areas of: La Paz (Mexico); Bajo Lempa (El Salvador); Mar del Plata (Argentina); Aquin (Haiti).
We took two master students under our wing who we molded into future consultants for water and climate actions and who at the same time taught us a great deal and helped us immensely. Thank you, Amelia and Jeremiah for your exceptional support and inputs, without which many of these highlights would not have been possible.