At WE&B we work in the area of social innovation, which we define as:
Activities that address the societal challenges to enhance human well-being that is affected by the impacts of climate change and other environmental effects.
WE&B works on social innovation in the following aspects:
- To characterise and understand the socio-environmental contexts:
- How are the environmental issues perceived?
- Who are the concerned actors and key stakeholders and how are they connected?
- What are the best ways to engage and communicate with them?
- To implement social interventions that address common environmental challenges. This is done through participation strategies, communication plans, dealing with the science-practice interface or working on improving governance practices.
In broad terms, WE&B is experienced in:
- Stakeholder mapping and analysis
- Socio-environmental characterisation and analysis
- Communication and citizen engagement
- Science – practice interface