Reflecting on 2018 at WE&B
2018 has been another fantastic year at WE&B, in our little way we have made small ripples in the ocean of sustainable development. Here we list some of our highlights from 2018:
Near the start of the year, we were selected to form part of Valles Circular (http://www.vallescircular.com) The “Vallès Circular” is a territorial initiative shared between administrations, social, environmental and economic organisations with the objective of promoting the circular economy in the Vallès Occidental in Cataluña, Spain. It is to develop new ways of production and consumption in order to enhance competitiveness, quality of life and environmental improvement.
We organised and ran the Open Day for the LIFE_DREAMER http://life-dreamer.com/la-desalacion-y-la-tordera-un-exitoso-open-day/project in Blanes, Catalonia, Spain. The OPEN DAY consisted of initially presenting, the territorial context, and the project itself, detailing about the consortium, the objectives, the processes, the main activities and the expected results.
We were very proud in 2018 to have been recognised and accredited as an innovative SME by the Spanish Government.
We were also granted membership of the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN)https://www.ctc-n.org, we can thus play a meaningful role in information sharing and capacity Building; providing technical assistance; and participate in outreach and networking activities.
We were invited by the Sant Cugat Municipality to participate as part of their stand at the Expo Smart City
We kicked-off the HOUSEFUL project http://houseful.euon the 24 and 25 of June at the Leitat building in Terrassa (Barcelona)
We also managed to win or be contracted to the following projects:
- CLIMATE CHANGE AWARENESS PROGRAMME FOR POLICY MAKERS & GOVERNMENT MINISTRIES IN JAMAICA
- SUSTAINABLE AND LOW ENERGY WASTEWATER TREATMENT FOR WARM CLIMATE
- INTERREG MED GREEN GROWTH COMMUNITY
- INDEPENDENT EVALUATION OF THE PERU COUNTRY PROGRAM
Throughout 2018 we also closed the following projects
- CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN PLASTIC BAG WASTE MANAGEMENT IN THE BANANA PLANTATIONS OF CHIAPAS (MEXICO)
- INDUSTRIAL WATER REUSE IN SANT LUIS POTOSI (MEXICO)
- Cost-Benefit and Socio-economic analysis of the LIFE_CELISUS: SUSTAINABLE AND LOW ENERGY WASTEWATER TREATMENT FOR WARM CLIMATES PROJECT.